The Ark Lodge is set in the heart of the Aberdare National Park and overlooks a floodlit waterhole & salt lick, which attracts a host of awesome wildlife.
Resembling and named after Noah’s Ark, The Ark comprises of three decks from which numerous balconies and lounges provide a superb location for wildlife to be seen.
So that you don’t miss any animal sightings, the night guard will buzz your room when special animals come to the waterhole.
The Ark Lodge has four viewing areas from which to observe the ever-present animal activity at the waterhole and saltlick.
There is also a ground-level bunker – the perfect hideout for the discerning photographer. This is a circular pillbox-like structure, and it is from this vantage point that pictures of animals on the salt lick only yards away may be taken through the view holes in complete safety.
So as not to miss any animal sightings, the resident guide will buzz your room when special animals come to the waterhole. Simply throw on your provided robe and slippers, grab your camera and view nightlife at the waterhole!
The Ark Accommodation is in the form of cabins that are self-contained with a shower and toilet. The rooms are on three levels – Deck A, Deck B and Deck C.
Deck C is the main deck where all the main lodge facilities are located, including the restaurant, cloakrooms and bar. There is also access for wheel chairs, for those who require it.
From the safety and comfort of all the four decks, one can watch the wild animals visiting the water hole in front of The Ark.
• The restaurant offers excellent cuisine for dinner and breakfast, either as a buffet or set menu
• The waterhole is the premier attraction and center of attention at the lodge
• The gift shop is located on deck D where you can buy souvenirs
• Library with well stocked books on flora and fauna
• A unique day and night game viewing lodge
• All rooms ‘Cabin’ have an en-suite shower and bathroom